The group undertakes research in core areas of energy, specifically in Cities and Infrastructure, Data and Modelling, Energy and Behaviour, Energy and Buildings, Energy for Development, Environmental Impacts, Microgeneration Technologies and Renewable Energy (Solar Photovoltaics and Marine Energy).
Our aim is to promote and undertake fundamental and applied research alongside pre-industrial development in the areas of renewable energy technologies as well as undertaking research related to the efficient use of energy in the built environment.
- Blackmore T., Batten W.M.J., Müller G.U. and Bahaj A.S. (2014) Influence of turbulence on the drag of solid discs and turbine simulators in a water current, Experiments in Fluids, Volume 55, Article 1637. view paper
- Zhang L.X., Wang C.B. and Bahaj A.S. (2014) Carbon emissions by rural energy in China, Renewable Energy, Volume 66, pp.641-649. view paper
- Galloway P.W., Myers L.E. and Bahaj A.S. (2014) Quantifying wave and yaw effects on a scale tidal stream turbine, Renewable Energy, Volume 63, pp.297-307. view paper
- Leybourne M., Batten W.M.J., Bahaj A.S., Minns N. and O’Nians J. (2014) Preliminary design of the OWEL wave energy converter pre-commercial demonstrator, Renewable Energy, Volume 61, pp.51-56. view paper
- Bahaj A.S. and Myers L.E. (2013) Shaping array design of marine current energy converters through scaled experimental analysis, Energy, Volume 59, pp.83-94. view paper